CASUAL CAFE CHEF/COOK
Keep it Simple Café are looking for a passionate and driven Chef or an experienced Cook who loves creating delicious food, to join our team in Milton.
You will be managing the running of our kitchen on our head chef's days off - the role will include 2 guaranteed days per week - one of which will be on a weekend and the other a weekday. There will also be opportunity for holiday cover and extra shifts to cater for busier periods.
Our philosophy and ethos as a company revolves around great people, quality food and excellent customer service.
The menu is, as our name suggests – simple. A variety of fresh breakfast, brunch and lunch items from the kitchen made to order as well as a range of made-to-go foods on display to satisfy takeaway customers on the run.
The successful applicant must have the following skillset and experience:
• 3years+ experience as a chef or cook;
• 1years+ experience managing a cafe kitchen solo;
• Great communication skills;
• Be hands on in a high-volume kitchen;
• Willingness to assist front of house when required;
• Current food safety requirements and legislation;
• Aptitude and innovation to to understand how to deliver a modern seasonal menu including; weekly specials
• Effective and efficient coordination of the kitchen;
• Keeping up to date with cooking trends and best practice.
The hours of operation at 7am to 2pm, with the Chef hours from 6am to 2pm.
This is your chance to join our team and make your mark in a busy, high traffic, growing suburb with a small crew of fun and vibrant hospitality loving colleagues.
Please submit your resume/cv and cover letter to